Cell Isolation and Processing
Unmatched Cell Isolation and Cryopreservation Expertise To Help Advance Your Project
Cell processing and isolation can be time consuming, costly, and difficult to schedule upon arrival of fresh starting material. If not done properly and quickly, cell viability, purity, and functionality can be compromised, adding delays in your research.
HemaCare’s procedures are designed to minimize product variability while ensuring reproducible results. By leveraging our cell isolation, processing, and cryopreservation expertise, optimized protocols, stringent quality standards, and rigorous QC testing, customers can expect consistently pure, viable, and functional cells with guaranteed cell counts. HemaCare is committed to providing high-quality products and services, supporting the customized needs of researchers.
Same Day Processing, Isolation, and Cryopreservation
Working with isolated immune cells ensures sample purity and minimizes interference from other cell types allowing you to examine the functions and responses of only the targeted cell population with confidence. Isolated cells enable scientists to conduct detailed genetic and phenotypic research into specific cell types while increasing the sensitivity of functional assays and other analytical methods.
Purification, isolation, and cryopreservation of cells are performed immediately following collection utilizing best-in-class instruments and media and optimized protocols. HemaCare’s rigorous operational controls mitigate any potential loss while ensuring viable and functional cells, guaranteeing customers receive consistent high-quality cells.
Features of HemaCare’s processing and isolation services:
- Consistent and pure cellular populations with high viability and guaranteed cell counts
- Stringent quality standards with rigorous QC testing
- Onsite collections with same-day processing, isolation, and cryopreservation
- Integrated workflow solutions and optimized processes
- Immunomagnetic separation expertise (positive and negative selections)
- Minimal room temperature exposure and no freeze/thaw cycles
- Industry-leading cryopreservation expertise with GMP-compliant processes
- Best-in-class GMP-grade biopreservation and cryopreservation media
- Rate-controlled cryopreservation
- Great savings with kit pricing when isolating cells from leukopak collections
Benefits of Cryopreserved Immune Cells
Starting material and immune cell quality is one of the most critical factors behind the success of any immunotherapy product. Cryopreservation can be an important tool for managing variability and locking in viability and potency. However, because certain cell types are more sensitive than others to the cryopreservation process, expertise and optimized processes are a must to preserve maximum cell viability and ensure stability and functionality of cryopreserved cells.
Cryopreserved isolated immune cells: de-risking donor material availability
|Simplify donor management and collection||Maintain product quality and viability||Ensure product integrity and consistency during shipping||Store and maintain quality and viability until you are ready to process|
Eliminate the Impact of Granulocytes
Granulocyte contamination is detrimental to the quality of cellular material. Unlike most cells, granulocytes do not freeze well, and release harmful enzymes upon thawing resulting in clumping and damage to other cells. Separating granulocytes from mononuclear cells is critical, but must be done quickly as, over time, granulocytes can be activated resulting in a less efficient separation, thus impacting cell viability and function. Same day cell isolation and cryopreservation immediately following collection eliminates granulocytes contamination and the need for multiple freeze-thaw cycles, ultimately ensuring you receive a stable, viable, and functional product.
Cell Processing and Isolation Services
We understand pure, viable, and functional cells are critical to research and development. HemaCare offers a full range of cell processing and cell isolation services led by a dedicated team of experts. Furthermore, we can customize processing, isolation, and culture to meet your project needs. Whether it is for research, process development, clinical trials, or preparing cells for further manufacturing, HemaCare is committed to delivering high-quality human primary cells.
Cell Processing Services
- Volume and concentration change
- Resuspension in preferred media (i.e. storage, shipment)
- Cell culture, expansion, and differentiation
- Flow cytometry characterization
- Processing/Sorting of leukopaks
Cell Isolation Services
- Density gradient
- Positive and negative immunomagnetic isolation
- Enrichment and purification of subsets of cells
HemaCare offers cryostorage of your biological samples on a project basis. This service facilitates short-term storage of samples either collected and processed at HemaCare or received from external sources in anticipation of further processing. Storage capabilities include ultra low (-60°C and colder) and vapor phase LN2 (-150°C and below).
- Monitored 24/7 for temperature and humidity
- Call out alarm monitoring system
- Comprehensive backup power strategy
- LN2 bulk tank and a comprehensive back-up generator system
- Secured access and around-the-clock surveillance
- Comprehensive inventory management system