Cell Isolation and Processing
Unmatched Expertise so You Can Focus on Your Project
Working with isolated cell types provides many benefits. It ensures purity and decreases interference from other cell types so that the functions and responses of only the targeted cell population can be effectively examined. It enables scientists to conduct detailed genetic and phenotypic research into specific cell types while increasing the sensitivity of functional assays and other analytical methods. Purified cells are also used directly as starting material for adoptive cell therapies.
Cell processing and isolation can be time consuming, costly, and difficult to schedule upon arrival of fresh starting material. HemaCare is committed to leveraging our cell isolation and cryopreservation expertise to bring our clients isolated immune cells that embody the perfect balance of yield and purity. With HemaCare’s cell processing and cell isolation services, customers can save time and money and strictly focus on their project.
HemaCare immune cell isolation provides:
- Same-day processing, isolation, and cryopreservation upon collection
- Integrated workflow solutions
- Minimal room temperature exposure and no freeze/thaw cycles
- Best-in-class GMP grade biopreservation and cryopreservation media
- Rate-controlled cryopreservation
- Great savings with kit pricing when isolating cells from full leukopaks
With our on-site same day processing and isolation services, optimized cryopreservation and isolation protocols, stringent quality standards, and rigorous QC testing, customers can expect consistently pure, viable and functional cells with guaranteed cell counts. All materials and cell handling procedures are optimized and subject to our rigorous quality management systems. HemaCare is committed to providing high-quality products and services, supporting the customized needs of researchers.
Attain a Purer Product – Just Say No to Granulocytes
Granulocyte contamination has multiple impacts on starting material quality. Unlike most cells, granulocytes are poorly cryopreserved in standard freezing media, and release harmful enzymes upon thawing, causing clumping and damage to other cells, leading to decreased quality and viability of the MNCs.
Because the time interval between blood collection and processing is a critical parameter for optimal white blood cell function, HemaCare isolated immune cell products are processed, purified, and cryopreserved on-site on the same day they are collected. Same-day cell isolation and cryopreservation eliminate the need for multiple freeze-thaw cycles, preserving cell quality and stability, while also avoiding lengthy storage times as well as granulocyte contamination and activation.
We guarantee that isolated immune cells are free of granulocyte contamination, thus protecting sample integrity.
Benefits of Cryopreserved Immune Cells
Reliable immune cell quality is key to the success of any immunotherapy product. Cryopreservation is one of the most important factors governing therapeutic cell quality, and a critical and nearly universal step in the processing of isolated immune cell populations. It is a practical necessity for maintaining viability and function over long-term storage and long-distance shipping, and beneficial in terms of safeguarding both consistency and availability.
HemaCare has spent the last decade perfecting its cryopreservation protocols to ensure maximum viability and functionality:
- Industry leading cryopreservation expertise.
- On-site immune cell collections with multiple collection sites.
- Same-day cell processing, isolation, and cryopreservation.
- Optimized procedures using GMP-compliant freezing media and rate-controlled cryopreservation techniques to ensure optimal cell viability and recovery.
- Cryopreserved cells have >95% viability measured by flow cytometry, with guaranteed cell counts.
- Well-integrated workflows designed to minimize room temperature exposure and freeze-thaw cycles.
When done right, cryopreservation simplifies shipping and storage logistics while maintaining cell quality. It also helps ensure product consistency.
HemaCare cryopreservation expertise guarantees optimized processes and products. Our quality oversight means that our customers can always expect consistent high-performance products.
Same Day Processing, Isolation, and Cryopreservation
Purification, isolation, and cryopreservation of cells are performed immediately following collection utilizing best-in-class instruments and media and standardized protocols. HemaCare’s rigorous operational controls mitigate any potential loss while ensuring viable and functional cells post thaw, guaranteeing customers receive consistent high-quality cells.
Features of HemaCare’s Processing and Isolation Services:
- Same day processing, isolation, and cryopreservation upon collection
- Integrated workflow solutions
- Minimal room temperature exposure and freeze/thaw cycles
- Best-in-class biopreservation and cryopreservation media
- Rate-controlled cryopreservation
Cell Processing and Isolation Services
We understand pure, viable, and functional cells are critical to research and development. HemaCare offers a full range of cell processing and cell isolation services led by a dedicated team of experts. Furthermore, we can customize processing, isolation, and culture to meet your project needs. Whether it is for research, process development, clinical trials, or preparing cells for further manufacturing, HemaCare is committed to delivering high-quality human primary cells.
Cell Processing Services
- Volume and concentration change
- Resuspension in preferred media (i.e. storage, shipment)
- Cell culture, expansion, and differentiation
- Flow cytometry characterization
- Processing/Sorting of leukopaks
Cell Isolation Services
- Density gradient
- Positive and negative immunomagnetic isolation
- Enrichment and purification of subsets of cells
HemaCare offers cryostorage of your biological samples on a project basis. This service facilitates short-term storage of samples either collected and processed at HemaCare or received from external sources in anticipation of further processing. Storage capabilities include ultra low (-60°C and colder) and vapor phase LN2 (-150°C and below).
- Monitored 24/7 for temperature and humidity
- Call out alarm monitoring system
- Comprehensive backup power strategy
- LN2 bulk tank and a comprehensive back-up generator system
- Secured access and around-the-clock surveillance
- Comprehensive inventory management system